Saturday, January 5, 2013

Yae no Sakura Chapter 2

Wow...... I don't even know where to start. I was really waiting for the update for this manga. It captured me the first chapter and the second chapter was far from disappointing. It's a really interesting plot also based on a true story. Me being a historical nut that I am, only made me love this more.
  
       The chapter starts off with Yae doing her gunnery training with her brothers though the problem is that she can't shoot without closing her eyes each time. Her brother calls her a coward and this weakness in which she tries to overcomes. Later on her older brother tells her and her younger brother that Lord Katamori accepted his written argument and allowed him to teach at a place for western gunnery. Lord Katamori is quite a kind man as in the chapter before he let Yae off from going in her brother's place. The scene goes to Lord Katamori having a flashback about telling him not to adapt other countries ways. That man is really stubborn, aiyyaaaa, if he keeps getting stuck too long on old ideals it'll be not only his downfall but the land of Aizu.
     Anyways back to the story. We go back to Yae reviewing some things her brother taught her till her dad comes in and rips the paper. This then flashes to Yae's older brother at the school he now runs but sadly no one had come to learn. Suddenly a group of boys came in to ask to learn about guns. It was Yoshichirou (Gosh his name is long, I'm going to call him Chi-chan) and his group of friends. Chi-chan expressing how there is a certain someone he wants to defeat in guns who is obviously Yae. Thats so cute >/////< I have a feeling he will have a crush on her later......... but I also have a feeling deep down he might die QAQ.

         During dinner her older brother ask him why he won't accept Yae, naturally he rejected and left the room. Later that night her dad wakes Yae while she was sleeping and takes her deeper in the woods. There he takes his gun and shot a rabbit and telling Yae to end its life and held up a sword. Learning that her father had not approved of Yae handling guns, not because she was a girl but because he cared for her happiness because of the burdens of ending a life. Then out of a nowhere a wolf appeared and was soon on top of her father who told her to run since his gun was down he could not do anything. Quickly filled with conviction and resolve Yae took up the gun and loaded it. "I won't close my eyes! If I do, I'll hit father!" Without closing her eyes she shot the wolf off her father. This moment got me up on edge, I was so excited for not only for Yae being able to overcome her fear but her growing. She gives a strong speech to her dad how she will not give up and he finally accepts her to do guns. It was a really heartfilling moment between father and daughter I cried a bit. The chapter ends off showing a boy with tied back hair named Kawasaki getting a letter from Kakuma, Yae's older brother. Judging his clothes and the western chemicals around him, I'm guessing he may be Kakuma's teacher when he went to learn more about western technology.

-----
Overall it was a filling chapter with a lot of excitement. I loved every moment of it! I can't wait for the next chapter <3333
   

No comments:

Post a Comment